Doctor Of Physical Therapy (DPT)
College of Physical Therapy Admissions
The study and practice of medicine requires integrity, compassion, scholarship, responsibility, devotion and intellectual curiosity. The individual€™s educational and other life experiences prior to medical school should demonstrate and strengthen these qualities.
Qualifications For Acceptance Into the College of Physical Therapy:
A Strong academic record in Matric and Premedical F. Sc. Courses (or equivalent) is necessary but not sufficient criteria for admission.
The admission Committee looks for evidence of scholarship in the form of research or advance study beyond the classroom, service to the community, leadership abilities, integrity and excellent interpersonal skills. Lahore College of Physical Therapy seeks students who value human diversity, exhibit a love of learning, have an appreciation of science and art of medicine and are called to serve others.
1. The students age at the time of admission should not be more than 25 years and not less then 17 years. This is in line with the admission regulations of Pakistan Medical and Dental Council.
2. Bsc and M.Sc, with 60 percent marks in aggregate, provided the applicant has completed intermediate or equivalent certification in Pre – Medical group achieving not less than 60 percent marks.
3. A minimum of 60 percent score in Premedical F.sc. Course is required as the basis of application for admission into Lahore Medical and Dental College course. An entry test, a series of interviews and Medical clearance certificates are other important components of the admission process.
British A level (and 6 O levels) in three subjects including Biology, Physics and Chemistry. There should be no failure in these three subjects.
American – Canadian:
American or Canadian high school diploma certifying formal schooling of 12 years with a minimum of CGPA Three.
International Baccalaureate with biology and chemistry and physics as the major subjects.
Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an equivalence certificate from Chairman of Inter Board Committee, Islamabad or a fully chartered university. Applicants must understand that meeting the eligibility criteria and submitting a completed application are no guarantee for admission.
The Admission session usually starts in the month of November/December depending upon the declaration of the result of F.Sc. (Pre-medical) by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education. Admission process will start in August/September every year and advertisement will come in the leading dailies. Selection is made on merit.
Required academic qualification for admission is as under:
- A candidate must have passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks from any Board or University.
- A candidate who has passed an examination equivalent to (F.Sc.) Intermediate Science / HSSC Examination level of Pakistan from a foreign university or examination body or foreign education system with three subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC in the above terms shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible for admission in the MBBS/BDS course with any study group whichever the IBCC may write.
- A candidate must have appeared in the Provincial Entrance Test of their respective province of domicile and the foreign students have the alternate option to pass SAT-II examination with minimum score of 550 in each of three science subjects of which two shall be Biology and Chemistry.
NOTE: Admission process can be seen on Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, Islamabad website: www.pmdc.org.pk