- DPT is A clinical doctorate (entry level) degree that reflects the growth in the body of knowledge and expected responsibilities that a professional physical therapist must master to provide best care to the consumers. They consistently involve in acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities to advance their professional practice.
- The qualification of DPT envisions a professional who is autonomous, observes evidence based practice, can be accessed directly and becomes a practitioner of choice in the society.
- Physical therapy practice is concerned with identifying and maximizing quality of life and functional movement potential, within the spheres of promotion, prevention, maintenance, intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation.
- DPT program at Lahore College of Physical Therapy aims
- to equip its graduates with necessary communication and decision making skills to work in collaboration with their patients/clients and other healthcare professionals and colleagues.
- to promote multidisciplinary and inter professional learning experience and practice.
- To prepare knowledgeable, self assured, adaptable, reflective and humanistic and service oriented graduates who commit to critical thinking, life long learning and ethical values to render independent judgments concerning patient/client needs.
- To enable our graduates to practice and deliver services in a variety of settings including urban and rural communities as healthcare provider, educator and facilitator.